Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fitness Princess: The Wedding Dress Challenge

Welcome back to the blog!

I usually post crafting/sewing things on Tuesdays but unfortunately my machine is in the shop.
Sadness (especially since it is a brand new machine!).

So, instead of crafting, today I am going to update about a new fitness challenge I am undertaking.

THE REDBOOK WEDDING DRESS CHALLENGE!

You know, Redbook? The magazine?
Yeah, like that! I have never read Redbook magazine so this fitness challenge came to me via Pinterest. (PIN IT!)

Now, I have been losing weight little-by-little this year. Mostly, I have been watching what I eat and hitting the treadmill during my lunch break. I have also completed two juice fasts, courtesy of Joe Cross of Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. (It's a documentary on Netflix. Be sure to check it out!)

The Wedding Dress Challenge is a twelve week program that consists of three 15-minutes workouts (that change each week), a nutrition guide, and a weekly "Fit List," which is a varying list of fitness tasks to complete that week. The timing of this works well for me because I am actually planning to shop for my wedding dress in 12 weeks! (Crazy!)

I will be completing each workout on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays while also continuing my treadmill exercises Monday thru Thursday. I have already been keeping track of my nutrition with my planner and will continue to do so.

If you are interested in reading more about the Wedding Dress Challenge head over to this site.

Week 1 Workout and Fit List: here.
Here is also the Nutrition Planner they provide:
I am not a fan of counting calories since that could make me fall back into my bad practice of "negative body image". My suggestion is to eat more veggies and fruits than you have been (odds are you haven't been eating enough of them!) and to cut out those "bad" carbs (like white bread and rice.) Try to substitute with whole grains.

Make sure to write down or log all your food! If it goes in your mouth, you jot it down. When I started to write down everything I was eating, it made me more accountable to what was going in my body. Too much fast food, not enough real food.  I like to use good, old fashioned pen and paper but there are a number of apps available for your smart phone or tablet (and some are free!)Find what works for you!

I will be updating on Tuesdays every week and also posting my own improvements. (Crafting/Sewing posts will move to Fridays.)

Feel free to post comments on your own fitness challenges or even if you want to undertake the Wedding Dress Challenge yourself!


Princess K, out!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment