Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cooking Princess: Green Lemonade

Welcome back everyone!

It looks like my Wedding Dress Challenge series is becoming kinda popular. Thanks! To keep on with the "health" kick, today's recipe is for Green Lemonade.
Oh, don't give me that look, Ariel! It is actually really tasty. I discovered this tasty juice from my last juice cleanse. I got the recipe from Mr. Joe Cross, the star of Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.
His new book just came out in the US but I bought his former title at the Kindle store. Anyone interested in a juice diet/cleanse, I urge you to check out his books and website.

So, Green Lemonade. I don't have a real juicer at home but my NutriBullet does the job pretty well. I just have to strain the pulp out with my flour sifter and voila! Tasty juice and more then my dialy does of vegetables. This is a great way to supplement veggies into your diet without eating endless salads.

Sadly, my photobucket is on the fritz so all my pictures are not available. :( So, check out the ingredients below and have fun making your own juice. Remember to de-seed your apples and cucumbers before juicing or blending!

Green Lemonade
- 1 cucumber
- 1 stalk of celery (or less!)
- 2 green apples, no seeds
- a handful of leafy greens (I like spinach; kale is also good)
- juice of 1 lemon (I use the lemon juice in the plastic lemon and just add until it is tangy.)

Blend (with a small amount of water) or juice all ingredients together. If blending, use a strainer or cheese cloth to filter the juice from the pulp. Blend pulp again and repeat until desired.

Happy juicing and Princess K, out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment