Monday, July 7, 2014

52 Questions: #1

Hello all!

I was perusing through Pinterest the other day when I found this great list. "52 Questions in 52 Weeks." Sadly, the list has since been deleted, so I don't have a link to share. :(

HOWEVER, I did manage to copy and paste this list into a document in my Google drive! "Yay" for being a little neurotic and not just pinning it! :D

So, over the next year, I am going to answer one question each week. I will also add a link to my About the Princess page so you, my lovely readers, can read these questions and answers again.

AHEM!

Question #1: What is your full name? Why did you parents give you that name?


Ah, what a great way to start off. (As you can recall in my first post, I HATE trying to figure out how to start things.)

My name is Karleigh Mary-Beth Dansby. (Although, this time next year I will be a Hanie!)

My mother named me Karleigh after Carly Simon, the singer. My gran, however, claims my mother got the idea from her after she said that the Oscar Meyer bologna girl (ya know, from the 80s) was also named Carly. Either way, the spelling...eh, there is no real story behind that. When I was a kid, I was so fed up with my siblings finding key chains and such in stores with THEIR names on them. So, I figured, "Hey! If my name is never gonna be on a key chain, I might as well make it awesome!"...so I begged my mother to let me change my name to Anastasia....yeah, just like the Russian Grand Duchess. (FYI: I didn't actually get it changed, thankfully!)

My middle name is a combination of two close relatives. Beth is for my grand mother on my father's side. Originally, that was supposed to be it: Karleigh Beth. But, being the little maniac I am, I decided to grace the world with my presence on the birthday of my dear Aunt May. So, since she has to share a birthday with me now, my mother decided to combine them and VIOLA! Mary-Beth.

Now, as for my blogging name, that was all my idea. Haha! I love Princesses. For real. My childhood love for the Grand Duchess Anastasia Romanov was just the beginning.

When I was trying to think of a blogging name, I tried several different things at first. (Anastasia was NOT one of them.) My name (*yawn*), a completely new name, famous character names, etc. Finally, I thought to myself, "What do I want to be? What do I want to do?" The resounding (and illogical) answer: be a princess. But how? Since I am not "actual" or "recognized" royalty (logistics and such) in this or any country (on this planet), and that I am not the biggest fan of taking things too seriously, (Casual) Princess K was thrown into the mix and...well, you are reading this blog so you know.

Feel free to share your own answers to this question in the comments below!

Until next time,

Princess K


No comments:

Post a Comment