Monday, September 8, 2014

52 Questions: Question #9

I am BACK! Sorry for the delay in posts, everyone. Last week was insane! We are getting ready for flu season at my office, Labor Day threw my whole week off, and life is just crazy in general.

BUT! We are back with our question of the week!

Question #9: What were some of the family traditions that you remember?

 
Yeah, my family is strange (in case that fact bypassed you.) However, like many families, most of our traditions took place around the holidays.
 

Thankfully, nothing quite as bad as this! Phew!

There are two traditions that I remember very fondly.

Number 1: The Hanging of the Family Mice! This is not as weird as it sounds. My mother had little, wooden mice decorations made for each of us as we were born and we put them on the wall around a central candy cane. As we have all gotten older, more mice have been added to include spouses and grand-children.

Number 2: The naming of the Christmas Tree. Ok, this is where things get weird. My family had a strange tradition for a few years that we started naming the tree. And giving it a back story. And a theme song. And a costume.....yeah, its strange but it was very fun! This tradition was actually started by my when my dad brought home a crooked little tree. My mom was not pleased but I told her our tree had character (and scoliosis.) So, I named him "Bert", wrote a story about him, and presented it to our family when it came time to decorate him. We have had a "Dolores", a "Bruce the Super Tree," and many more over the years.

Share some of your family traditions below!

Princess K, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment